Saturday, September 3, 2016

Milne Dam Conservation Park


I remember that we visited Milne Dam Conservation Park few months ago for a tree planting event. Today I decided to come again for plein air painting. The park is Markham's largest park which has 123 hectares. The Rouge River in the park provides a place for many migratory birds, which can be best viewed in the early mornings and evenings in spring and fall.The 2.3 kilometres of trails are suitable for walking ,jogging and cycling.

It is located on the east side of McCowan Road, just south of Highway 7. I saw a father and his son fishing at the river. If you want to fish, you need to apply for a A MNR fishing permit at Canadian Tire stores or bait shops.

Milne Park now charges admission per person. $4.00 for adults, $3.00 for seniors and children 16 or under are free. At the gate, the staff will give you a hand band so that you can have multi-entry with it as a proof. However, it is free admission on weekdays.

We sat down at the picnic table and I started painting the scene in front of me. I couldn't help taking photos and videos with the bird flying around the river. Again, I felt like I am a Discovery Channel reporter.

No comments: