Monday, September 19, 2016

Holbein Aqua Duo + Painting Project

Gardiner Expressway
It is one of the busiest highways in Toronto. When we drive on this highway, the highrises are around us. It reminds me when I was in HK. I put my car in the painting. Guess which one?



Today I went to a demo about water soluble oil paint and bought some of them. I always want to try this product. It's quite good, easy to control. I am going to paint a series of miniature paintings.

我時常想買水溶油畫顏料試試,今天看了示範便買了一些回家試。感覺不錯,打算畫一系列迷你畫。





Geese
You can see them everywhere. They are very lucky to be in Canada. If they are in China, guess that they lied on a table to be a dish already. You cannot kill or hurt them here. If they cross the road, you must stop and let them cross.

幸運的加拿大鵝在這裡隨處可見,寫意自在!若在中國,早己變成卓上美味的燒鵝了。在這裡,你既不能傷害牠,更不能殺牠,如果牠們正在走過馬路,你要把車停下來讓牠們呢。
Wilcox Lake
Old Firehall Confectionery

In the Library
Such a quiet moment for a nap. I sometimes need to stay in the Fairview Mall Library for about 2 hours. Sometimes I do sketches, sometimes I do research. Reading books will make me fall asleep, especially it's just after the lunch. I tried not to sleep hardly but I saw him. He was taking a nap. I want it too.
有時候我要在Fairview Mall圖書館等太約兩小時,這裡溫度適中,環境清靜,是午間小睡的好地方。有時我在這裡畫速寫,有時候則搜集資料。每次我盡量金睛火眼,不打瞌睡。可是看到他,好夢正甜,正在午睡,我也想眠一眠呢。

Day 3: Royal Ontario Museum
You will never forget this architecture once you saw it. It doesn't match the surrounding buildings. This is an expansion of the ROM. It is one of the largest museums in North America, the largest in Canada. The old part of the museum was Designed by Toronto architects Frank Darling and John A. Pearson, the architectural style of the original building is Italianate Neo-Romanesque, popular throughout North America until the 1870s. The new part was designed by Toronto architect Gene Kinoshita, with Mathers Haldenby, the curatorial centre forms the southern section of the museum in simple modernism and completed in 1984. When the new part was completed, some Torontonians didn't like it. I have found it was liked a crumpled paper dropped on the ground.

這是個你一見難忘的建築物, 因為它與附近的建築物格格不入。這是安省皇家博物館的擴建部份,在原本的博物館旁。這個館是北美最大的博物館之,在加拿大是最大的了。舊的部份是由多倫多兩位建築師Frank Darling 和John A. Pearson設計的,是1970年代北美流行的意大利新羅馬風格。新的部份是由另兩位多倫多建築師 Gene Kinoshita及 Mathers Haldenby所設計的,以簡單的現代現代主義風格,於1984年完成。當這所新的部份完成時,有些多倫多市民很不喜歡,認為形嚮了原本的和諧。而我覺得它就像一個弄皺的紙圑拋在地上。

Day 2: Kensington Market

You can see a range of colourful houses through the alley. My favourite colour is the one in the middle with teal. One of them put a canoe to the wall. Two walls of two building in the front and the shadows on the ground formed a natural frame for these houses.

從後巷望進去,看到了一列色彩鮮艷的房子。我最喜愛便是中間的藍綠色的。有戶人家就這樣那一個獨木舟就擱在牆邊。而前景兩旁的高牆和地下的陰影,為這排房屋形成了一個天然的相框。



Day 1: Kensington Market

這是一幢很搶眼的建築物, 紅色的外場, 地下正在擺賣, 太陽傘的反光剛好在深色的背景襯托出來。馬路與行人路的橫線在畫面上看來不太順眼,加了些陰影在地上,看起來好很多了。









No comments: